(Written June 4th….and published long after.)
It’s my birthday and it just hit me that I am grown AF.
With that being said….
There is no more half stepping when it comes to my life. There is no more sleeping on my own potential. There is no more playing. Who I am….I am becoming at this very moment and if I am allowing things, people and situations to create average in my life…that is just what I will become, average.
And baby, I don’t do average. So this is my birthday and I am making a promise to myself to go hard in everything I do. No more distractions. If it’s not making me productive, bringing me happiness and bringing me peace…it has to go.
So there is this door….
Okay, I have a huge imagination so to understand this post you will have to tap into your very own imagination for me…(Its been awhile since you’ve done that, hasn’t it? lol)
Well, when I think of my personal space, I think of it as being my own little world. I visually know how it feels, how it smells, the colors on the wall…EVERYTHING. Very cozy place by the way, smells like vanilla too . And my world has a Door. (The Door is the most important part)
My Door is 10 feet tall and made of brick with a pretty pink handle. To anyone trying to open or break down my door, it is extremely heavy and difficult to break through or to open. Even a bulldozer couldn’t knock it down. But for me to open it, it’s as light as a feather and opens with ease.
On the other side of this door stands many things. Family, friends, worries, situations, situationships, and anything else that you can think of that could possibly bring stress into your life.
Because my Door is indestructible and only I can open it…I CHOOSE who I let into my world. And I am very careful about who I let through that great big Door.
Just think….if I allow one of those people who don’t appreciate me, through the door and into my world.
- They would track mud through my world and ruin my carpets.
- They would throw their boots onto my beautiful coffee tables.
- They would break things that take so long to fix, like trust and love.
- They wouldn’t appreciate the world I’ve worked so hard to build and they disrupt my peace.
If this ever happens, I can only blame myself because I control who comes through that Door.
You can apply this too all aspects of life. There are tons of people that you allow to be in your life that disturb your peace or aren’t adding to your growth.
- Why are you allowing these people to just “Chill In Your Life”?
- Why haven’t you shown them the exit towards The Door yet?
Your peace of mind and your world are all you have and you have to protect it.
- What does your door look like? Describe it.
- Is it big?
- What color is it?
- Is it roped in chains?
- Does it have a door knob at all?
- Who is standing on the other side of it?
- Do they deserve to be let in?
- Will they appreciate your world? Or will they break things?
I hope this helps. It helps me.
Peace. Love. Hopee